Reports to: Country Manager
Direct Reports: None
About Watu Credit:
Watu Credit is a dynamic fast growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services.
Headquartered in Mombasa, Watu Credit aims to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. The Company commenced its business operations in July 2015 with the clear vision to be the best in class provider for short and medium term loan products tailored to the exact needs of target customers and delivered through mobile technology.
About the role:
This position is responsible for the provision of strategic leadership and growth of Watu Credit’s brand position and image by managing marketing, advertising, branding, corporate communication, and promotional activities. Additionally, they will closely collaborate with the Media Team, participating in various customer response activities, engaging audiences through different media channels, communicating with stakeholders on different levels (customers, media, boda-boda stage chairmen etc), and assisting in drafting of legal responses/ press releases.
- Collaborate in preparation of new product marketing plans through research, analysis of the market trends and recommend changes on the marketing and business development strategies in cooperation with divisional heads.
- Support Business Development to generate revenue for the Company.
- Establish a system of reports and communications for all information relating to marketing and sales including feedback mechanisms.
- Assist in media coverage and branding during corporate events to ensure look and feel is consistent with the Company brand through use of social media posting, media coverage where necessary, banners and other branded items.
- Assist in preparation of Company publicity materials such as brochures, documentaries, e-shots to increase visibility and marketing.
- Develop Company’s communication through various platforms such as website, social media and mainstream media to ensure accuracy and quality of the information.
- Support growing the business through recruitment of new clients and maintain good relationships with the existing clients through constant communication/ encouraging feedback and making timely follow ups.
- Facilitate in coordination of CSR activities including devising long-term CSR programmes that can give visibility to the Company’s work as well as enhance the products’ profile.
- Team up with the Media Response team whenever necessary.
- Collaborate with the Customer response team whenever necessary.
- Engage with customers, dealers, and other stakeholders through different media channels.
- Provide support in drafting legal responses/press releases on queries from customers and other stakeholders.
Does this sound like you?
- At least five (5) years’ experience of marketing in a large organization with at least 3 years in a leading position within an active commercial environment.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Public Relations from a recognized Institution.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Proven experience marketing financial services targeting BoP consumers.
- Excellent communication skills - highly articulate in English, both written and verbal.
- Proven track of Public speaking experience - especially in a crowd control or crisis setting.
- Highly developed and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Excellent business intelligence, business skills and networking skills.
- Ability to work in an organization with diverse business operations.