We are looking for an enthusiastic Telesales Representative to contribute in generating sales for our company. You will be responsible for closing sales deals
over the phone and maintaining good customer relationships.
Job title: Telesales Call centre agent.
Reporting to: Customer service manager
Key responsibilities & deliverables;
- Contacting potential or existing customers to inform them about a product or service using scripts.
- Answering questions about products or the company\Asking questions to understand customer requirements and close sales.
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed.
- Enter and update customer information in the database.
- Take and process Product quantity in an accurate manner.
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s reputation.
- Go the “extra mile” to meet sales quota and facilitate future sales.
- Keep records of calls and sales and note useful information.
- Proven experience as telesales representative or other sales/customer service role.
- Maximum two years experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems.
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Professional tone.
Nice to have
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Greenlight Planet Tanzania ! Greenlight Planet is expanding its operations in Tanzania and will need to hire many Telesales Agents over the next few months. Shortlist is supporting this process by finding great candidates like you, who are a fit for the role and keeping them ready for placement in the coming months. Candidates that do well in their assessments and meet the requirements for this role will therefore be placed in a 'Roster' to get first priority for the interviews for this role each time Greenlight Planet is onboarding new members to their team.
This means that, should you be a fit for this role, you will hear from us within three weeks of completing your assessments, rather than the usual 7 days turn around time. You will be able to view your application status by logging in to your account, and rest assured you will still be top of mind!
Recruitment for this position is part of a very special project called the Off-Grid Talent Initiative, run by Shortlist in partnership with UKAID and the Carbon Trust. If you are hired for the position, not only will you join your new company but you will also become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders’ Community. This includes mentorship, peer network support, online training and other exclusive resources, as well as follow up over the length of your contract. Apply today, begin a career in the renewable energy industry with your new company, and become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders