Position: Debt collection Executive
Job Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Reporting to: Customer service Manager
The Role: We are seeking a dedicated Collection Agent to assist our business with the recovery of outstanding payments from debtors. In this role, your duties will include communicating with customers via telephone, negotiating payment plans with debtors, and enacting payment plans that eliminate debt.
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies (often designed by employee) to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on high collectibility or value accounts.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections & suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that
- administrative services can process.
- Greenlight Planet Job Description- Customer Service Executive
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines, authorize credit bureaus deletions,
- negotiate payment arrangements over a longer span of time than normal, take accounts out
- of treatment (close accounts) within certain guidelines.
- May advise management regarding collection strategy effectiveness for various portfolios.
- May help resolve higher level disputes.
- Take escalated calls from level I and II collectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Updating the account details of customers and resolving pending customer issues.
- Previous experience in debt collections, or a related role is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette is preferred
- Computer literate a MUST
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages is preferred
- Employee has contact with individuals within their department and extensive external contact with consumers
Nice to have:
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with Greenlight Planet Tanzania ! Greenlight Planet is expanding its operations in Tanzania and will need to hire many Debt Collection Executives over the next few months. Shortlist is supporting this process by finding great candidates like you, who are a fit for the role and keeping them ready for placement in the coming months. Candidates that do well in their assessments and meet the requirements for this role will therefore be placed in a 'Roster' to get first priority for the interviews for this role each time Greenlight Planet is onboarding new members to their team.
This means that, should you be a fit for this role, you will hear from us within three weeks of completing your assessments, rather than the usual 7 days turn around time. You will be able to view your application status by logging in to your account, and rest assured you will still be top of mind!
Recruitment for this position is part of a very special project called the Off-Grid Talent Initiative, run by Shortlist in partnership with UKAID and the Carbon Trust. If you are hired for the position, not only will you join your new company but you will also become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders’ Community. This includes mentorship, peer network support, online training and other exclusive resources, as well as follow up over the length of your contract. Apply today, begin a career in the renewable energy industry with your new company, and become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders