African Clean Energy (ACE) is looking to hire two IT Officers for their Uganda office, one to be based in MBALE and one to be based in GULU. In your application, you will see a section that will allow you to indicate your location preference between the two.
The IT officer position is an entry job position at ACE. The job holder is responsible for supporting all aspects of the IT systems and services. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of computer operations and systems development in accordance with the company’s strategic plan & IT plan.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications to latest versions and malware free.
- Assisting staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face; email or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to team Amsterdam, supplier or partner organizations/ companies as required.
- Manage Helpdesk offices, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of computer operations and systems development are in accordance with the company’s strategic plan & IT plan.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to company teams and undertake technical roles when required; supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions. Create training material to help the teams understand the usage of their hardware and software to the fullest.
- Provide first hand help and training for Software usage when a new team member onboards.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service at ACE and do continual improvement within the teams.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with staff, suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Assist with ongoing development of related company policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around organizational change management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and Computing; or Computer Information Systems and Administration; or Business Information Systems; or Business Computing or Systems Administration; or Software Engineering Systems Design and Analysis; or any other closely related discipline in the field of Information Technology from a recognized University/Institution.
- Recent graduate from a recognized University