Shortlist is a venture-backed talent technology company that helps companies globally build and develop world-class teams. We’ve grown quickly in India and East Africa since 2016, worked with over 700 companies, and are now looking for exceptional leaders at the Associate Partner and Partner level to help grow our executive search business globally, with big upside and rewards for success.
Our executive search practice is underpinned by the talent that transforms organisations, specifically:
- Doers, not delegators - Emerging and seasoned leaders who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get the job done, not delegate.
- Diversity performs better - Talent that thrives in high growth, emerging market contexts.
- Tech-forward leadership - Tech-forward leaders who understand & drive digital transformation.
- Leaders with integrity - Talent that brings integrity and purpose to their work.
What you’ll do
We are currently hiring Principal Consultants across three of our business lines - Technology, Impact and Commercial.
We are looking for talent that is preferably based in India or Kenya but we are also open to talent based elsewhere.
- Lead and deliver on searches: You will be responsible for running 5 to 7 mandates yourself at any given point in time. These roles will be mid to senior level in nature or maybe of a niche nature Eg. A Food Scientist at a leading Food and Beverage company.
- Client success and key accounts: You will be responsible for maintaining a repeat business rate of 50% at any given point in time. A key part of all the roles is also exploring opportunities to cross-sell or upsell to existing clients. You will also be expected to tap into your networks to identify prospective clients.
- Improving operational processes: As an integral part of a startup, you would be expected to spend time on improving existing processes and systems as we scale up and work with cross-functional teams such as product, tech and customer support teams to contribute to the overall growth of the organisation.
- Act as a living representation of our team values.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience with recruitment and especially hiring senior-level talent OR You have 5+ years of experience in market research, management consulting and related fields.
- You have experience in managing and interacting with clients directly, including global clients.
- You are an excellent communicator in both verbal and written English.
- You have experience in new client acquisition/business development.