Shortlist is a venture-backed talent technology company that helps companies globally build and develop world-class teams. We’ve grown quickly in India and East Africa since 2016, worked with over 700 companies, and are now looking for exceptional leaders at the Associate Partner and Partner level to help grow our executive search business globally, with big upside and rewards for success.
Our executive search practise is underpinned by the talent that transforms organisations, specifically:
- Doers, not delegators - Emerging and seasoned leaders who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get the job done, not delegate.
- Diversity performs better - Talent that thrives in high growth, emerging market contexts.
- Tech-forward leadership - Tech-forward leaders who understand & drive digital transformation.
- Leaders with Integrity - Talent that brings integrity and purpose to their work.
What you'll do
Both Associate Partners and Partners will focus on the following activities. Partners have a greater level of responsibility and autonomy, as well as a greater focus on business development, compared to the Associate Partner.
We are looking for talent that is preferably based in India or Kenya but we are also open to talent based elsewhere.
- Business Development: Develop and engage a pipeline of prospective clients with growing senior recruitment needs. You’ll use your networks, referral sources, participation at events, research, and other creative methods.
- Search Execution: With support from a small team of recruiters, you’ll work directly to develop research-driven “market maps” of high potential candidates, help screen the most promising ones, and present them to our clients.
- Client management: Engage and manage existing client relationships, including proactively understanding their future hiring needs and monitoring the performance of placed candidates.
- Thought leadership: Support the development of research reports and author articles on key trends affecting leadership hiring across emerging markets.
- Team Building: Build out a team of local recruiters to support your recruitment unit’s growth.
- Act as a living representation of our team values.
Who you are
- A strong relationship builder who is deeply curious and loves to talk to people, with a deep network with the business community in Kenya and/or India.
- An experienced manager who’s used to toggling between strategic decision-making and ground level “roll-up-your-sleeves” execution.
- Track record of delivering results and doing what it takes to achieve targets.
- Strong exposure to talent issues (through your own experiences or an HR-specific role) and a passion for connecting talent with opportunity.
- Eligible to work in Kenya or India.
- Experience inside a growing B2B company.