AMI is expanding rapidly. We are looking for an ambitious and talented Programme Lead to deliver and oversee the delivery of client learning programs end-to-end.
The Programme Lead will report to the Director of Implementation and will work with the partnerships team to implement an Agri focused leadership development programme and other AMI programmes. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly, and have fun in the process. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, leadership training and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, agribusiness environment and leadership capacity building.
The Programme Lead must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills and ability to lead complex programmes with senior management participants.
The successful candidate will play key roles in joining the dots between our world-class content and clients on the ground:
- S/he will manage stakeholders and participants in complex programmes and ensure that programme deliverable are met withing stringent timelines while identifying stakeholder and participants pain points and proactively communicating resolutions.
- S/he will work with senior government officials and other senior managers from Agri-sector companies who are participants of AMI programme to ensure that they participate in the programme and the programme has impact.
- S/he will plan and deliver engaging learning programs end-to-end: Be the lead on client learning programs, build implementation plans, and manage core logistics and programming for both online and face-to-face components of AMI’s blended learning programmes
- Ensure programmes have impact and are valued by clients: Evaluate core learning outcomes and metrics within learning programmes and adapt design and delivery to resolve issues in real time.
- Work with the Learning Designer to manage programme facilitators
- Work with an external logistics consultant to organize workshop and travel logistics for programme participants.
- Hold the responsibility of managing programme budget and reporting on the project financial.
Programme Management |
- Lead the project implementation end to end, from planning, budgeting, monitoring programme outcomes and reporting.
- Take lead to develop, customize & implement detailed engagement to ensure that the participants and stakeholders feel supported.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, capture project outcomes/impact and lessons learned and share with internal and external programme stakeholders
- Maintain accurate programme data and analyse programme data and feedback to ensure core programme metrics and targets are being met (adapt as necessary)
- Identify programme risks at the start of the programme, and ensure programme risks are effectively managed.
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- With support of the finance team, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project budgets and align project budget with stakeholders.
Stakeholder management |
- Lead in project activity delivery and ensure relevant stakeholders are updated and notified of all project activities
- Manage external consultants who provide specific expertise on various programme components to support programme delivery.
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with the Learning Designer to manage and provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators.
Team management |
- Manage, mentor and motivate a team of programme managers who support the delivery of the programmes
Logistical management |
- Liaise with technology providers to support virtual workshops
- Liaise with external travel resource agents to plan workshop logistics for participants
- Arrange project team meetings with different programme stakeholders
- Plan and prepare for project workshop sessions, supporting partners activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A degree in Agribusiness Management/ Agricultural Economics/ Commerce/ Business Administration or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university. Desired: M.Sc. (Agribusiness Management or related field)
- Knowledge and practical experience in agriculture value chains and capacity development
- Experience working with government institutions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of agribusiness sector in Africa
- Capacity building of organizations and blended training methodologies
- Ability to understand AMI’s participants and implement learning experiences that enable the learner to achieve the desired learning outcome in a human centered and goal-oriented way
- Extensive project management experience.
- Willingness to participate in field activities and travel.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and computer Skills.