IDinsight is a mission-driven global advisory, data analytics, and research organization that helps global development leaders maximize their social impact. They tailor a wide range of data and evidence tools, including randomized evaluations and machine learning, to help decision-makers design effective programs and rigorously test what works to support communities. They work with governments, multilateral agencies, foundations, and innovative non-profit organizations in Asia and Africa with their work spanning a wide range of sectors, including agriculture, education, health, governance, sanitation, financial inclusion, and other areas.
They amplify social impact by partnering with leaders to develop tailored solutions. Their mission being using data and evidence to help leaders combat poverty worldwide. They have expertise in a variety of rigorous approaches and methodologies, which they tailor to each client depending on their needs and constraints. To achieve a positive social impact they:
- Support clients’ use of data and evidence for routine and major decision-making.
- Inform funding decisions – toward high-impact initiatives and away from less effective programs or approaches.
- Create and share tools, knowledge, and ideas that expand the use of data and evidence for social good.
IDinsight’s diverse, growing team of 200+ outstanding colleagues operates in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about their mission and values by visiting their website.
About the role
Their Global Operations team is the fuel for maintaining a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multicultural, multi-continental team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and build the systems to allow IDinsight teams to achieve social impact.
IDinsight is currently looking for a Manager, Operations Analytics to support their Director of Global Operations. This role would be a great fit for someone who thrives working in a fast-paced, high-energy, get-it-done environment, and is excited to grow professionally alongside a high-performing team. The role holder can reside in the following locations; India, Kenya, Zambia, Senegal, or Morocco.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Global Operations based in Washington, D.C., as well as working with the Global and Regional Operations teams, the Manager, Operations Analytics’ responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategic, financial, and operational analyses for the Operations teams, often in close collaboration with the COO and CFO, to support organizational decision-making.
- Produce external and internal operations or compensation-related deliverables —including dashboards, presentations, and communications— on behalf of IDinsight senior leaders and the Global Operations team.
- Contribute to other data analytics work on the Global Operations team and with other teams at IDinsight (e.g., Finance, Impact Improvement).
Payroll and Compensation:
- Oversee all IDinsight compensation policies, salary structures, salary-setting processes, payroll, and taxation.
- Supervise two India-based payroll administrators.
- Manage oversight of IDinsight internal software and other systems, and lead systems improvements, scoping of and negotiations with vendors, and onboarding and troubleshooting for teammates worldwide.
- Supervise one India-based systems administrator.
Strategic Organizational Projects:
- Additional special projects as needed and determined by the Director of Global Operations as well as organizational needs outside the Global Operations team, and the skill set and interests of the candidate hired for this role.
- Past projects include: org-wide project impact measurement and employee pulse surveys; internal data dashboard tracking all projects, employees, clients, and funders etc.; annual organizational risk assessment in collaboration with the General Counsel and COO, and presented to the CEO and the IDinsight Board of Directors.
Does this sound like you?
- 2-5 years of professional experience in a highly analytical role, including but not limited to management or economic consulting, investment banking, or corporate finance.
- Advanced ability in Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, visualization, and dashboards.
- Detail- and execution-oriented ability to take a task from high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams.
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management).
- Experience independently managing at least one direct report.
- Knowledge of SQL, R, Stata, or other programming languages.
- Experience or interest in international payroll, taxation, and compensation practices.
- Experience in systems administration, software management, and data security and privacy.
- Strong commitment to and/or knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) principles, especially as they pertain to international development, HR, compensation, and recruiting.
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with a track record of openness to give and receive feedback.
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs.
- Strong ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in complex situations, and handle sensitive information, data, and issues with mature and discreet professionalism.
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
Nuts & Bolts:
- Preference will be given to those who do not require IDinsight to sponsor work authorization; however, IDinsight will seek work permits where possible for exceptional candidates.
- All candidates who are not currently located in New Delhi, India; Nairobi, Kenya; Lusaka, Zambia; Dakar, Senegal; or Rabat, Morocco will be expected to relocate to their office locations at the onset of their employment.
- The start date of this position is immediate, with preference for candidates that can start as soon as possible. They expect a 2-year minimum commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions concerning the role or want to express interest you can write to Sarah Ndegwa at email@example.com and cc Neema Waweru on firstname.lastname@example.org. If interested click on the link to apply.