AMI is looking for an experienced Data Visualization Designer to support the Senior Product Manager in building a visual data analysis framework to support learning data analysis & impact review of large complex data sets.
The Data Visualization Designer will report directly to the Senior Product Manager and work closely with the Chief Product Officer. This is a chance to be part of Africa’s transformation, and to help shape, build and scale one its most innovative social businesses
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Data Engineer, Senior Impact Manager and Learning Product Managers and Designers to define core data visualization templates to easily review and understand user behaviour, programme and product impact and make sense of large data-sets using data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, etc).
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Create a series of hierarchical data visualizations to illustrate trends in online learning programme participation – from individual user analysis to complex aggregated behavioural and performance impact trends.
- Take organised, logical data tables and produce clear visual analysis – building learning dashboard analytics templates to be reused across core learning programmes.
- Create dynamic visualizations to support analytical thinking with large data sets and present visual design work to key stakeholders (impact, learning, clients).
- Use a comprehensive understanding of visual design theory, accessibility and design best practices to inform design decisions and design high complexity visual data design to support analysis / trend recognition.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
- Big picture and attention to detail. You enjoy thinking at the level of the forest, the trees and down to the leaves on the trees.
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup-like environment.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- As someone influencing several departments and seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders, you need strong interpersonal skills. You will be an effective communicator at all levels.
- Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Data analysis. Familiar with popular data analysis tools such as Tableau.
- Data visualization. Ability to choose the best chart type to tell the story and know when to invent something new.
- Depth and experience in using Sketch, Figma, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq or other tools for high-fidelity mockups and prototype concepts.
- Facilitating design-thinking exercises with internal teams and customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years design industry experience working on complex digital products.
- Experience working in the Training/learning industry specifically with Digital Learning Analytics is an asset
- Experience in data analysis, project management and user feedback are an asset.