IDinsight is a mission-driven global advisory, data analytics, and research organization that helps global development leaders maximize their social impact. They tailor a wide range of data and evidence tools, including randomized evaluations and machine learning, to help decision-makers design effective programs and rigorously test what works to support communities. They work with governments, multilateral agencies, foundations, and innovative non-profit organizations in Asia and Africa. Their work spans a wide range of sectors, including agriculture, education, health, governance, sanitation, financial inclusion, and other areas.
They amplify social impact by partnering with leaders to develop tailored solutions. Their mission being using data and evidence to help leaders combat poverty worldwide. They have expertise in a variety of rigorous approaches and methodologies, which they tailor to each client depending on their needs and constraints. To achieve a positive social impact, they:
- Support clients’ use of data and evidence for routine and major decision-making.
- Inform funding decisions – toward high-impact initiatives and away from less effective programs or approaches.
- Create and share tools, knowledge, and ideas that expand the use of data and evidence for social good.
IDinsight’s diverse, growing team of 200+ outstanding colleagues operates in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about their mission and values by visiting their website.
About the role
The Global People Operations team is the fuel maintaining a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multicultural, multi-regional team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and develop the processes to allow IDinsight teams to focus on achieving social impact.
IDinsight is currently looking for a Manager or Senior Manager, Global People Operations, who would be a great fit for someone who thrives working in a partially remote, fast-paced, high-energy, get-it-done environment and is excited to grow professionally alongside a high-performing team. An ideal candidate is someone who can contribute to the team’s strategy and high-level processes while also being able to quickly translate ideas into action and execute accordingly.
Further, the position will either be based in Nairobi, Kenya, or Delhi, India, and will report to the Director of Global Operations based outside of Washington, D.C., and manage two to three people operations teammates around the globe.
Drive strategic alignment
- Lead strategic planning processes for the Global Operations team; align priorities with the Global & Regional Operations teams and ensure execution.
- Lead Global Operations team Objective and Key Results development and measurement process; support the Director of Global Operations with developing and monitoring the Global Operations annual budget.
- Thought partner with the Director of Global Operations to develop and implement the team’s strategy based on priorities for the organization; conduct research on people operations best practices in the sector, and take ideas from vision to implementation.
- Implement initiatives in conjunction with applicable stakeholders or contributors, that focus on further improving IDinsight’s organizational culture and the IDinsighter experience.
Foster a great employee experience
- Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day people experience globally by ensuring people operations processes and systems run smoothly, IDinsighters receive efficient and effective support, and people operations areas for improvement are proactively addressed.
- Supervise the applicable people operations teammates and workstreams related to:
- Recruiting and Organizational Growth: Oversee organizational recruitment initiatives to ensure IDinsight teams are achieving their hiring goals; execute global recruiting strategies to ensure IDinsight is finding and winning the best talent in the sector.
- Talent Management: Oversee performance review, talent management, and promotion processes; improve processes according to organizational goals and feedback.
- Onboarding and Training: Work closely with Regional Operations teammates to ensure IDinsighters have a great onboarding experience, onboarding and training materials are up-to-date, and IDinsighters receive appropriate training resources throughout their tenure.
- Compensation: Contribute to reviewing and improving processes pertaining to IDinsight’s compensation principles and practices across multiple labor markets; oversee IDinsight benefit strategy and administration; ensure teammates understand and can access their benefits; manage relationships with external brokers and insurance companies.
- Organizational Policies, Legal, and Compliance: Oversee creation of new organizational policies and guidelines where necessary; ensure organizational employee handbooks are up to date and compliant in each of the jurisdictions in which they operate; contribute to refining safety & security processes and resources for teammates; organize trainings for relevant team members around compliance issues; coordinate closely with the General Counsel and Finance teams to ensure a coherent approach to risk-mitigation and compliance.
Does this sound like you?
- 5-10 years of experience in people operations within an international organization, specifically working with complex HR, legal, and immigration challenges.
- Detail and execution oriented, able to take a task from a high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams.
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management).
- Knowledge of and/or experience with human resources, talent acquisition, and organizational productivity software, including an HRIS and ATS platform; experience with BambooHR, iCIMS, and Slack preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with employment, immigration, and related compliance requirements for U.S. nonprofit entities operating internationally.
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with a track record of openness to give and receive feedback.
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs.
- Strong ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in complex situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, data, and issues with mature and discreet professionalism.
- Enthusiasm and track record working effectively with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
Note: IDinsight has office locations in Dakar, Senegal; Rabat, Morocco; Nairobi, Kenya; Lusaka, Zambia; and Delhi, India. However, please note that IDinsight is not able to sponsor work authorization for this role. Successful candidates should not require IDinsight to sponsor their work authorization in the office in which they'll be based.
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply. If interested, click on the link to apply.