Branch Operations Team Member - Steward Training to operations based positionJava House
· Maintains a clean, tidy and working counter at all times. Presenting a variety of menu options and take lead on suggestive selling based on customer preferences.
· Consistently follows the set Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.Ps) during production.
· Ensuring sufficient supply of products for sale in the counter by doing sufficient back up
· Taking orders and delivering them to the table neatly and accurately in accordance to the ticket specification and presenting bills on time and accept payment.
· Cleaning of pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, guest and staff toilets, equipment/machines and sanitization of general kitchen
· Ensure proper waste management by disposing of bins and cleaning of grease traps.
· Assists the barista in charge in running the barista counter and advice the Barista in charge on stock levels
· Doing the daily stock take of counter products at the end of the shift.
Food preparation, presentation, correct storage and production of the right quality.
About Java House
Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept.
Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.
“Welcome to Java. A home away from home”